REMINDER: Pre-Playoff Team Rep Meeting, Thursday August 24
It is imperative that a representative from your team show up to pick up and drop off the items listed below as well as to settle all outstanding fines. As a reminder, these fines are collected for any defaults throughout the regular season and the outstanding fine amounts will be sent to each team affected in a separate e-mail.
Please do not e-mail asking if your team has any fines as they will be communicated to each team individually before the pre-playoff meeting.
- Banquet information and RSVP forms (the banquet is Saturday November 4th 2017 at LeDome Banquet Hall in Oakville)
- Softballs and new scorebook for the playoffs
- Playoff schedule for round one – 27-Aug (remaining playoff schedules will be sent and posted after completion of the first week of playoffs)
- Any new left-over softballs
- Trophies (from last season’s winning teams)
- Score books and score sheets, which will be used to determine playoff eligibility
- note all games that players missed due to injury
- list rained out games
- specify if nicknames are used in the score books and list the proper names of the players for reference
- please use the chart on the first page of the scorebook to count up the games played by each member of your team:
- player names down the left column
- game dates across the top row
- enter ‘0’, ‘1’ or ‘2’ in the table to note how many games the player participated in that day… this includes defaults and forfeits
- enter ‘R’ for rained out games
- enter ‘I’ if the player was on the disabled list (injured) and unable to play that day. These games do not count toward their total.
- colour in the block if the player was not part of your team at that time
Please remember that players must have played at least 40% of the regular season games for which they were eligible to play to qualify for the playoffs. Teams will be notified if after a review of their score book anyone on their team is not eligible for the playoffs. Also keep in mind that temp players are NOT permitted to be used in the playoffs. Any player who plays in the playoffs MUST be a regular paid member of your team who has played more than 40% of the games for which they were eligible this season. Again, if you are unable to field a team for the playoffs, you are NOT allowed to use temp players to prevent the default. Umpires will be instructed to check for this before all playoff games.
For players eligible for the entire season, “more than 40%” of 24 works out to 10 games.
We hope that everyone enjoyed the regular season and wish all teams best of luck in the playoffs!